I am an amateur genealogist living in Israel, who is trying to discover missing parts of my family. Both my grandparents, who live in Herzliyyah (Israel), are Holocaust survivors, who lost almost their entire families during the Second World War. Although most their relatives perished, we hold hope that some individuals may have survived—or may have descendants who are still alive. In addition, both my grandparents have relatives who migrated to the United States in the early 1900s.
In 1999, after much research, I finally found my grandfather’s distant American relatives, after years that my family has been searching for them. I thank many individual genealogists, as well as JewishGen, for the help I received in my search and the accomplishment thereof. I rely upon the kindness of others in my other searches (my grandmother’s relatives in Russia and the US, my grandfather’s ancestors in Poland), and thus, I also offer my help—whatever I can do—to others in an effort to help them replant their roots.
Unfortunately, my time to devote to my genealogical interests is limited. Thus, I have most of my information posted here, easily accessible through a simple internet search. Please read the genealogy details for more information on my searches. Please contact me if you recognise any information or if you know someone from any of the places named.
Thank you. I look forward to hearing from you.
D Gershon Lewental, PhD
digging around RepRoots
There is a site map on the left side of every web page on this site, in addition to the index below:
- Genealogical details—background information on my genealogical queries
- Tepper-Gartner-Tobias-Lewental family portal—information about the spread of the family over three continents in the course of a century (תרגום לעברית)
- Mond-Löwenthal-Tepper family tree—inter-active family tree
- The TEPPER Group—once-active special interest group / listserv for those researching Tepper (and related) surnames
- Bircza Online!—online database for the environs of Bircza (Poland), containing valuable information
- Genealogical links
I hope my information will help you on your quest—I wish you best of luck in rediscovering your roots.